Novel Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
March 24th, 2020
In order to provide the most current information possible, we will be providing brief updates on our plans and procedures regarding the evolving Coronavirus situation.
Dragonfly Health is actively monitoring both the international and domestic spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Currently the risk for COVID-19 infection in the United States is low. The virus is thought to spread from persons in close contact with one another through respiratory droplets. Symptomatic people who are actively sneezing and coughing are probably most contagious. The symptoms of COVID-19 are like other respiratory viruses, including the flu. Symptoms include fever, runny nose, cough, body aches, fatigue, shortness of breath, sore throat, and headache. The severity of illness ranges from mild to severe.
At Dragonfly Health we take the health and safety of our patients, staff, and providers very seriously. To provide the most effective care for all of our patients, we are screening all phone calls and are not bringing in patients with suspected Coronavirus into our office. We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. At this time, our offices remain OPEN. We would like to share with you what we’re doing to protect your health and safety.
- We are cooperating with all Federal, State, and Township directives regarding public safety.
- The office is cleaned daily and staff is taking care to wipe down all hard surfaces, chairs, door handles, and shared electronic devices.
- We have posted informational flyers throughout the office from the Center of Disease Control about the virus and on techniques to help prevent the spread of germs. View the flyer.
- We encourage patients to use our restroom to wash hands during their visit.
- We encourage patients to practice social distancing while in the office. We will utilize all exam rooms to keep patient flow consistent and spaced.
- We encourage patients who are unwell to stay home and rest. If you are unable to come to the office for your appointment, please call 856-312-3057 and we will offer other remote alternatives.
We have ramped up cleaning services at our offices and have added hand sanitizer at the front desk and near exam rooms. Sanitizing wipes are near workstations and counters so that staff can keep them continuously cleaned.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our staff on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
If a patient or a caretaker who has had recent travel or known exposure to COVID-19 case is feeling ill, please remain at home to avoid exposure to others.
We encourage patients to search for factual information about the virus from reputable government and medical resources, such as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the New Jersey Department of Health.
We thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we navigate through this challenging and evolving situation. Additional updates to Dragonfly Health operations will be posted on the website.